Made for men's legs: men's trousers by Esprit
Elegant, fashionable, casual, sporty: men's trousers are as diverse as those who wear them. Depending on the occasion, they have to meet different requirements – look professional at the office, be casual for an evening with friends and also match the season. In our online shop, you have the choice: whether chinos, suit trousers, sweatpants or trendy joggers. In on-trend colours, different cuts and styles – and always high-quality.
Business partner: trousers for the office
Professional, with confidence and respect – your business outfit should express nothing more and nothing less. Fits available for business trousers:
- Seriously elegant: suit trousers
Muted colours such as black, grey and blue set the tone. A slim fit gives suit trousers a modern look.
- Smart Casual: men's chinos
Depending on the office dress code, you can also wear chinos combined with a shirt, jacket, tie and leather shoes.
- Checked: tartan trousers
A fashionable alternative for the business look. Together with a jacket and leather shoes, or in a smart casual style with a pullover and trainers.
Tip: Linen trousers are the ideal summer wear for the office – pleasantly light and breathable.
Between informal and casual
At a christening, garden party, a dinner with business partners or a date: if your outfit is to be chic but not too formal, you are on target with high-quality chinos and classic trousers.
- Plain – basic trousers: straight cut trousers always work well, even on special occasions. Chic with a classic shirt and leather shoes, casual with a summer shirt or light sweater.
- Casually relaxed – chinos: wider on the hips, narrower at the lower leg and always comfortable: cotton chinos are versatile companions for leisure, parties and business. These men's trousers with distinctive pockets are also available in fresh colours in spring and summer.
In your own time: men's trousers for leisure and holidays
While not suitable at the office or for more formal festive occasions, you'll feel comfortable in leisure trousers when doing sports, shopping, at the club or on the sofa.
- Sporty with sweatpants: an urban look with perfect comfort: sweatpants are comfortable and sociable. Cool with a leather jacket, boots and a hoodie.
- Fashionable in joggers: loose fit like sweatpants, but made of twill which lends them more style. Joggers are also a must this season and are suitable for street and club wear with a plain-coloured T-shirt, parka and trainers.
- Street style in track trousers: balloon silk for the brave. Nylon track trousers celebrate the retro look and bring back the '80s.
Comfy – stretch trousers for men
Crossing styles, stretch trousers are welcome in both professional and everyday life. Due to their percentage of elastane, they are body-hugging but still give you enough freedom of movement.
Which trousers do you fit?
Finding the right men's trousers is a matter of taste and a question of fit. For example, narrow cut trousers are modern but not suitable for every man. Here are the most common cuts:
Slim build: slim fit trousers
A modern cut for men with a slim body, regardless of height. Trousers with a narrow leg are not too tight and taper towards the ankles. A slim fit makes your legs look longer.
Always comfortable: relaxed fit
This cut with a straight leg is very relaxed. It creates an even, straight silhouette by playing around small problem areas. The relaxed fit is slightly wider at the ankle, which distinguishes it from the straight fit.
Classic cut: straight fit
This classic cut is characterized by a straight leg. This means that men's trousers in this fit are tighter on the thigh and looser on the knees – and fit everyone.
Figure-flattering: tapered leg trousers
This cut is a mixture of slim and relaxed fits. The leg is wedge-shaped, the trousers sit casually on the waist and tighter at the ankles. An advantage for those who want to hide thicker calves or a belly. Not recommended for smaller, compact figures.
Buying tips: trouser sizes for men
Sizing formats are different for each type of trousers. Which one is the right one? It depends on the style:
- Sporty models such as sweatpants or tracksuit trousers come in sizes S, M, L, XL and so forth.
- Cotton trousers such as chinos, basic trousers and jeans have dual sizes that indicate the waist and length of the trousers, for example 30/32
- Suit trousers have their own size chart, starting with a waist size of 44 and increasing in even numbers up to size 56. Special sizes and lengths are 94, 98, 102 and 106
Which shoes go with your men's trousers?
This depends on the occasion and the type of trousers: unpatterned leather shoes in a classic style with basic or suit trousers for formal occasions – leather shoes like brogues for more informal occasions. More relaxed models such as loafers, desert boots and trainers go well with chinos and sweatpants.
The colour of the belt is based on that of the shoes for the office and more formal celebrations. Otherwise, belts and shoes may deviate as long as they harmonize. Every belt goes with white trainers.
Easy to shop, comfortable to wear: a wide range of men's trousers
You can find the right trousers at Esprit worldwide in stores in over 40 countries. Or online in our shop – we will send your selection quickly to you using climate-neutral shipping.
High-quality materials and workmanship and casual styles make our fashion hard-wearing. Social and ecological responsibility have been our aspiration for 51 years and will remain our goal in the future – with sustainable collections, fair production and recyclable materials.