Always the perfect choice - Esprit women’s trouser suits
Reach for the right outfit for every occasion: Women’s two-piece outfits cut a good figure - and not just at the office. You're always well dressed in a blazer and a pair of trousers. Women's trouser suits change in harmony with current trends and form an essential part of every season's wardrobe. In new styles, current colours and trendy fabrics, from check patterns to houndstooth and corduroy. Seen them yet?
It takes two
A trouser suit always requires at least two pieces: a jacket and trousers. Usually, both are made of the same material. You can also combine your black blazer with purple trousers.
The top piece is a blazer…
The suit jacket is classically single-breasted. Usually, a tapered fit for women. Long blazers are straight and slightly longer cut. A long lapel emphasises the décolletage. Particularly casual: a short, unbuttoned blazer.
…the lower piece is a pair of trousers
Classically cut, narrow leg and ankle-length trousers go down to the ankle. Extra wide trousers in a Marlene style emphasise the retro look. Culottes bring an extravagant chic to leisure time. Besides plain designs… trousers with stripes, checks or extravagant details are on-trend.
…the lower piece is a skirt
Do you prefer wearing skirts to trousers? Maybe a pencil skirt is more your style. Either way, a blazer and skirt combination is an alternative to the classic women's suit.
Perfect styling with women’s trouser suits
A women's two-piece outfit can be the right companion for any occasion. A few simple changes can make your trouser suit fit like a glove, add the right accessories and everything looks great:
- Blazers: the best fit will have no horizontal folds on the back of the blazer, the sleeves are loose enough on the wrist and the front can be buttoned while still allowing for comfortable movement.
- Shoes: a closed-toe for the office look. Pumps, lace-up shoes, loafers or ballerinas are a great choice. If the dress code is lenient, you can wear trainers – and definitely in your free time. Extravagant high heels can complete a party outfit.
- Stockings: preferably of a colour to match the shoes. If in doubt, stick to skin-coloured stockings. Leisure time is your time: anything goes.
- Belts: Plain and made from leather, with a discreet buckle. The belt colour should also match the shoes.
- Handbags: You can give your trouser suit outfit a confident style direction with a bag.
You can also wear blazers and trousers separately. Wear your suit blazer with jeans, T-shirt and trainers for a stroll through the city. You can style suit trousers casually with a loose blouse and trainers. Narrow trousers look cool with boots and a sweater.
Business dress code: the women's trouser suit as an office outfit
In professional life, the combination of a blazer and suit trousers has established itself among women and is a formal alternative to a blazer with skirt, the classic outfit. A trouser suit is professional and feminine at the same time. It inspires a confident and positive attitude at job interviews, presentations or meetings. Pinstripes with a white shirt or blouse are a classic. Or optionally plain in muted colours, from black to grey or cream.
Tip: Colours need not always be muted - depending on how relaxed the dress code is at work, you can also impress in colourful suits: in strong colours or delicate pastel shades on warmer days.
Pretty glamorous: trouser suits for being out on the town
You can apply a little extra panache when going out with friends, dancing, to the bar or to a party. Glamorous details such as long satin lapels on the blazer make a statement - and can be just right for the occasion. In addition, you can combine black trousers in a tuxedo style with a glitter top and high heels.
In a holiday mood: festive trouser suits for festive occasions
Are you planning a family party, a birthday or a christening? If you haven't found anything to wear yet, we'd recommend a trouser suit. The women's trouser suit looks elegant with a lace top and open high heels. Or with a long sleeve shirt or a thin turtle neck.
Elegant day-to-day: women’s suits for every day
Your free time dress code is all your own. Trouser suits with a check pattern are eye-catching trendsetters. Your style can be as casual or as elegant as you like. How about corduroy? This material is mainly in season in autumn and winter. By the way: a trouser suit also looks good in summer – in a short version: wearing Bermudas or paperbag shorts and blazers with three-quarter sleeves.
The perfect fit
A two-piece outfit can suit any figure. The right techniques allow you to show off your best features and conceal your less loved areas.
- A rounder figure: a looser cut will flatter you. Instead of trousers, wear a skirt and an open blazer. A long blazer conceals wider thighs and a larger bottom. A small belly disappears in a high-cut pair of suit trousers.
- Shorter and petite: a short blazer with tight suit trousers and a high waistband help make your legs look longer. Shoes with heels enhance the effect.
- A taller woman: trouser suits with wide trousers emphasise your figure.
Style that suits you: Esprit fashion
Our aim is to create fashion that you love and that will give you pleasure for a long time to come. We have placed emphasis on high quality materials and workmanship for more than 51 years. We use quality organic cotton for our sustainable collections. Esprit women's trouser suits are available from retailers in 40 countries worldwide – and online. Find them quickly and easily now!